Canon PIXMA iX6840 Photo Printer is coming to the market and it is available for being a home photo printer. It is built with compact design and small body size. This is good for space saving for the desktop because this is small and lightweight.
“Calendar of Updates” It is supported with wired and wireless connectivity where this is using USB 2.0 port and 4 pins USB type B for its interface. While, this wireless connectivity is using Wi-Fi and direct printing from Canon PRINT app, Google Cloud, and Apple AirPrint.
This Canon PIXMA iX6840 printer is supported with inkjet printing technology using Canon FINE inkjet technology. This technology brings its capability to print with speed up to 15 ppm for color and 10 ppm for color printing. Using 5 individual ink tanks and filled with Canon ChromaLife 100+, this can print with a resolution at a maximum at 9600 x 2400 dpi for color printing.
Canon iX6840 Specifications
|Specification in Detail|
|Print Resolution||Up to 9600¹ x 2400 dpi|
|Two-Sided Printing||Manual operation|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A3+, A3, A4, LTR, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)|
|COMPATIBLE INKS||PGI-550PGBK (Pigment Black)
|Print Technology||5 Individual Inks (PGBK, BK, C, M, Y)
Inkjet FINE print head with 1pl (min.) ink droplet size
|Optional XL Ink Cartridges||CLI-551BK XL (Black XL)
CLI-551C XL (Cyan XL)
CLI-551M XL (Magenta XL)
CLI-551Y XL (Yellow XL)
PGI-555PGBK XXL (Pigment Black XXL)
PGI-550PGBK XL (Pigment Black XL)
|Colour Print Speed||Approx. 10.4 ipm¹|
|Photo Print Speed||Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 36 seconds¹
A3+ Bordered: Approx. 120 seconds¹
To the connectivity technology, this Canon PIXMA iX6840 printer has its connection for wired and wireless. On the body. This has USB 2.0 port for wired interface and Wi-Fi for the wireless interface. This is also compatible for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS operating system. This printer driver must be installed to the computer first.
- Superfast document printing: A4 ISO ESAT 14.5 ipm mono/10.4 ipm color
- Print more for less with optional XL and XXL inks
- High-performance, ultra-compact A3+ business printer
- Easy sharing with wireless and Ethernet connectivity
- Superb quality prints and no waste with individually replaceable 5 single inks system
Canon PIXMA iX6840 Drivers & Software for Windows
OS Compatibility & Requirements : Windows 10 (32bit / 64bit), Windows 8.1(32bit / 64bit), Windows 8(32bi / 64bitt), Windows 7(32bit / 64bit), Windows Vista(32bit / 64bit), Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows XP x64 Edition.
|Download Software and Drivers for Windows OS||Size||Link|
|iX6840 Full Feature Driver & Software (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||49.4 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Printer Driver for Windows (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||16.4 MB||Download|
|iX6840 XPS Printer Driver for Windows (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||19.1 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Easy-PhotoPrint Editor for Windows (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||86.7 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Easy WebPrint (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||15.2 MB||Download|
|iX6840 My Image Garden (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||294 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||57.6 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Quick Menu for Windows (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||9.1 MB||Download|
|iX6840 My Printer (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista 32 & 64-Bit)||5.6 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iX6840 Drivers & Software for Macintosh
OS Compatibility & Requirements: macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.12 (Sierra), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), OS X 10.9 (Maver)
|Download Software and Drivers for Macintosh||Size||Link|
|iX6840 Canon IJ Network Tool||5.6 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Quick Menu||1.9 MB||Download|
|iX6840 Easy-PhotoPrint Editor (Mac OS 10.14 to 10.6)||83.4 MB||Download|
|iX6840 IJ Scan Utility Lite Mac (Mac OS 10.14 to 10.6)||23.4 MB||Download|
|iX6840 My Image Garden (Mac OS 10.14 to 10.6)||301 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iX6840 Manual
|Download Manual for Windows and Mac||Size||Download|
|iX6840 PDF User Manual windows||5 MB||Download|
|iX6840 PDF User Manual Macintosh||6 MB||Download|
How to Install PIXMA iX6840 Driver
This first step will be going to show you how to install the Printer without using CD Driver Requirements:
- First thing, you need to have the driver that is formatted in software for the printer
- You have to connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable
- Please turn on the computer that you want to install this driver.
- Next, do not connect the USB cable before the suggestion appear.
- Connect the USB cable while the installation is done.
- Just follow the instruction in order to make the installation process done.
- When it all finished, your printer is ready to be used for printing.
Setup or Install PIXMA iX6840 Driver Manually for Windows
In this step, you have to add the printer in your Windows feature.
- Download the driver on this website
- There must be a USB cable for your printer.
- First, you have to turn on all the devices.
- Connect the USB cable from printer to your computer.
- Extract the driver or software file which you downloaded recently.
- Open Control Panel and click View devices and printers. For Windows XP, you can open Fax & Printers option.
- Choose the printer and then click Add a Printer
- When it is ready to have the driver location, choose the way for extracting the setup file.
- Then you can follow the instructions in the way to complete the installation.
- When it is completed, the printer is ready to be used for your computer.
What you must have:
- CD or DVD drive to install the driver into your computer.
- Driver or software file of CD Disk of canon printer which has been bundled inside the box of the printer.
- Usb cable for having a connection from the printer to the computer.
- Follow the instructions below for having your printer installation into your computer with CD Drive.
- The first, turn on the computer and Canon printer.
- Insert the CD or DVD driver to the DVD reader on your computer, run the driver and follow the instructions that show up.
- Do not connect the printer to the computer before the instruction tells to.
- If the installation wizard shows you to plug the USB cable, please connect the USB cable of Canon printer to your computer to process the installation.
- When the USB cable detected, you can follow the instruction to the next step of installation.
- When it all done, there will be a notification shows the printer is ready to use.
Installation of the iX6840 driver for Mac OS:
- In this installation, you have to have the driver file for your computer. When it is ready downloaded, it will be saved in a particular folder.
- Double click the downloaded driver file and mount the file to the Disk Image.
- Double click the mounted Disk Image.
- And finally, you can double click the driver file. It is safe, the installation will be work in automatically.
Also, Update Drivers: